Kairos Outside is designed to support the families of men, women, and youth who are , or have been incarcerated in the country's state and federal correctional facilities. Kairos Outside can help bolster the loved ones who are supporting those incarcerated persons. We believe that the families of the incarcerated are "doing time" right along with their loved ones..
The mission of Kairos Prison Ministry, Inc. is to bring Christ's love and forgiveness to all incarcerated individuals, their families and those who work with them, and to assist in the transition of becoming a productive citizen.
Commonly Asked Questions about a Weekend
- FIRST REMEMBER - ALL KAIROS OUTSIDE WEEKEND ACTIVITIES ARE DRUG, ALCOHOL, AND FRAGRANCE FREE!!!
- How Long is a Kairos Outside Weekend? The Weekend begins Friday night at 6:00 pm and ends on Sunday afternoon around 4:00 pm..
- What is the cost to attend a Kairos Outside Weekend? There is no cost to the Guests. The funds are provided by local Christian Communities.
- Where do I stay during The Weekend retreat? The Weekend is held at a local retreat center or camp. The facility, generally, provides everything except personal articles. Dress is casual and comfortable.
- Do I have to be a Christian to come on The Weekend? No. All we ask is for the Guests to be open to discussions from a Christian perspective.
- What shall I tell my husband about the men on the team? The men are present, only, to prepare and serve the meals. They do not participate in any of the Community Room activities or interact with the Guests.
- Why should I give up a weekend visit with my relative/friend to attend a Kairos Outside Weekend? Your journey is often difficult. Many people in the outside world do not understand your position and may reject you. The Weekend is designed to give you support from women who are in the same situation, and from other Christian women who care about you and those who are incarcerated..