Kairos Outside Holds Weekend Retreats for Women impacted
by Incarcerated of Family or friends.
Kairos Outside is designed to support the families of men, women, and youth who are, or have been incarcerated in the country's state and federal correctional facilities. Kairos Outside can help bolster the loved ones who are supporting those incarcerated persons. We believe that the families of the incarcerated are "doing time" right along with their loved ones..
It is our prayer that the Love of Jesus Christ be show in a special way to the ladies who attend a Kairos Outside Weekend. The team is made up of Christian ladies and many of them have walked the same path as the Guests. Others ladies have a heart for loving others and helping others. The Bible tells us the second greatest commandment is to "Love your neighbor as yourself".
The group of ladies who serve in this ministry raise funds, serve on the Advisory Council, serve on weekend teams, serve as Outside Angels, make items for the Weekend, and serve in many other ways.
Our Guests come to the Weekend Retreat "free" and if they are unable to drive to the Weekend site; transportation may be arranged. Guests do not have to be a Christian to attend; but please understand the team members will be Christian ladies.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions.
Commonly Asked Questions about a Weekend
- FIRST REMEMBER - ALL KAIROS OUTSIDE WEEKEND ACTIVITIES ARE DRUG, ALCOHOL, AND FRAGRANCE FREE!!!
- How Long is a Kairos Outside Weekend? The Weekend begins Friday night at 6:00 pm and ends on Sunday afternoon around 4:00 pm..
- What is the cost to attend a Kairos Outside Weekend? There is no cost to the Guests. The funds are provided by local Christian Communities.
- Where do I stay during The Weekend retreat? The Weekend is held at a local retreat center or camp. The facility, generally, provides everything except personal articles. Dress is casual and comfortable.
- Do I have to be a Christian to come on The Weekend? No. All we ask is for the Guests to be open to discussions from a Christian perspective.
- What shall I tell my husband about the men on the team? The men are present, only, to prepare and serve the meals. They do not participate in any of the Community Room activities or interact with the Guests.
- Why should I give up a weekend visit with my relative/friend to attend a Kairos Outside Weekend? Your journey is often difficult. Many people in the outside world do not understand your position and may reject you. The Weekend is designed to give you support from women who are in the same situation, and from other Christian women who care about you and those who are incarcerated..